Saturday, December 22, 2007

IT'S ALL ABOUT MEME

Adoro sent the challenge of a Meme that asks you to name your top ten posts. The question being is this what I consider my top ten or what received the most responses? It's much the same with homilies; those I think will "wow 'em" don't and those I think "We'll get by with this this week" people love. So here, for better or worse, is a mix of ten (in no particular order) maybe only slightly interesting for those who have not been long term readers.


1. Taste Is Debatable, But It Is Not Infinitely Debatable. With the help of Fr. O. we took a look at some liturgical art and what makes for uplifting works and that which should be used for fill dirt for a new Target parking lot. The pictures for this one still pop up on searches.


2. No one else seemed to like this one as much as I did. Actually most of the fun came in the making of how to receive communion. Here is, "I've Got to Hand It To You."


3. There was series in which I mentioned some of the places I ended up as a direct result of being a priest. This was one I could not believe. I still get the willies when I pass this place.


4. "And Now from Our Correspondent in Rome" was probably one of the most popular posts on this site and I had nothing to do with it. Incidentally Fr. O. is now in the Holy Land and has promised *ahem* a post on Christmas there during the octave.


5. There was a little brouhaha over my post about the pope banning bulletproof vests for Catholics. It needed to be explained in a later post. But I still like it.


6. Just last week somebody mentioned this post. "I would have clapped Father," he said, "but I remembered your post and decided not to give in to the impulse." Here is, "Let's Give It Up for the Choir."


7. This one came with a warning: WARNING: I am in an outrageously good mood today. "A Shower of Blessings."


8. Hands down the most popular post on Adam's Ale. "Ask Not for Whom the Cell Phone Rings."


9. "If You Exist, Presume God Loves You." The name says it all. And I believe it.


10. And lastly here is, "Now Sit Back, Turn Off Your Brain, and Relax" about the troubles of watching television.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked #2 so much I linked to the post back then. :-)

And I remember your "outrageously good mood" post. That was hilarious!

You know, I had the same problem when I chose my 10 - stuff I like vs what other people liked.

Anonymous said...

I recently started reading the blog, since July 07, when I transferred from St. Williams to St. Clare. Some of my favorites...

The Attack Rabbit (Ask not for whom the cell phone rings & Sunday Video on Tap XXIV)

Psych Evaluation (Sunday Video on Tap XXII)

ALL Sunday Video On Taps...
particularly, XXIV, XXII

ALL Symbolic Saturdays

And some others that nudged me more toward my vocation...

Of Catholic Churches & Bakeries

I am not Alone

Habitually Inhabited Habitats

(I think it's becoming a 'habit') ha ha

Lillian Marie

BTW - If it were MY choice, I would go for Steubenville! I'm waiting for God's answer now...

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Blessed Christmas, Father V!

Odysseus said...

Fr. V,

You have been tagged!

http://catholicscripturestudy.blogspot.com/2007/12/im-back.html

Odysseus said...

O God, Who hast made this most holy night shine forth with the splendor of the true Light: grant, we beseech Thee, that we, who have known the mysteries of His light on earth, may enjoy also His happiness in heaven: Who with Thee liveth and reigneth.


Merry Christmas!

uncle jim said...

Fr. V.,
You've caused the light to go on for so many - thank you!
Give regards to 'sis' and all our friends there.
Lillian Marie - go for it!