Monday, September 17, 2018

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: WHEN YOU BECOME YOUR DAD

When you become a pastor, you become your Dad.  You have the same mindset that once drove you crazy when he displayed it when you were young.  There has not been one rectory of which I am been aware that the pastor/parochial vicar relationship does not, in some way, reflect a father son mentality at least when it comes to budgeting.
And I know that I sound and act like my Dad.  But - but - but - and I HATE to say it - it now makes sense.
That goodness for the new LED lighting.  That has cut a ton out of my worrying.  But I mean - really - after you've lived in a house for a year do you really need lights to walk around?
So I happen to like it cold.  Of course there are some things on which we are on the same side.

4 comments:

Marcy Smith said...

In my defense, when in doubt, throw it out. Just sayin'. ��

lgreen515 said...

Marcy--that is why I put a date on everything,

Kim Miller said...

You two compliment one another but you are also like Father and Son! This post made me laugh out loud!!

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I thought the church was too hot at Mass all winter long last season. We could save a lot of money as a parish by lowering the heat by five degrees. I do think that's the real reason that God invented sweaters!