Tuesday, July 28, 2015

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK CCCCXV

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND:  "Tell the truth without blame or judgement."  attributed to Fr. John Loya

QUOTE II:  "There is nothing on earth more to be prized than true friendship."  Thomas Aquinas

IN OTHER NEWS:

A young man in the parish (pray for him, I think he has a vocation) made these vestments entirely out of duct tape.  They look as though they were made for saying Mass in the rain.  Or they are bullet proof.  (Ha!  Bullet proof vest - ment).  
 Look at this detail.  Son, you have too much time on your hands!  ;)
Jason, who is currently with the St. Sebastian team in El Salvador, sent this sign in:
The Diocese of Cleveland is announcing a new Catholic magazine to replace the Universe Bulletin.  Read more HERE.  

Here is another "Letters to the Exiles" 4:16

2 comments:

Chris P. said...

So, I wanted to talk about how sad I am to lose the name "CATHOLIC UNIVERSE BULLETIN" because it always makes what's below it seem extra important just by the name... but...

I'm obsessed with the duct tape vestments. At first I was blown away with the detail of the vestment, but then I was more obsessed with the fact that he made a stole and maniple. Were I making vestments, I might.. might.. remember to make a stole. There's no way I'd remember to make a maniple.

But... he even made a pall!! And then he made the "pall folder (what on earth is that thing called?)" You've got to be kidding me. That's amazing. The more I look at them the more I'm blown away by them. They're fantastic.

Pat said...

Might that be a burse (a flat, square, fabric-covered case in which a folded corporal is carried to and from an altar in church)?