Tuesday, November 20, 2007

QUOTE TUESDAY XXXIX

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND: "The immediate advantage of chastity was a sense of control." From Dawn Eden's "The Thrill of the Chaste."

QUOTE II - "In a vicious cycle, single women feel lonely because they are not loved so they have casual sex with men who do not love them." ibid

QUOTE III - "Television hates you." ibid.

IN OTHER NEWS:

K.K. sent in an article from the Washington Post by Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts about Pope Benedict's highly anticipated visit to the United States. (Has it really been 28 years since a pope has visited?) Air Italia will fly him and his popemobile to the United States in order for him to have a visit on his 81st birthday (16 April) with president and Laura Bush. Listing some of the pope's particular likes it mentions that he likes to play the piano for ten minutes a day, likes cats, and Fanta Orange Soda.

Kay sent this in concerning the possibility of Catholics and Orthodox uniting.

In one recent study, Lyndhurst, Ohio, home of Adam's Ale, was determined to be the 28th best place to live in the United States. Now, don't get me wrong, I love where I live. But this makes me think that if this is just about as good as it gets, a)I feel sorry for a lot of you out there and b) heaven is looking better an better.

I guess all that schooling didn't pay off.

cash advance


Cash Advance Loans

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, about reading level...they say that your reading level should be about 8th grade. So in fact, you're only a little above where you "should" be.

My test came out Jr. High. So I'm going to leave it that way. :-)

~ Adoro

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope he'll also get to do something fun on his birthday..

The reunification news is very positive! Where do we all go from here, I wonder?

I don't know if Cleveland is similar, but while driving from Fremont almost all the way to Toledo, I recall wondering if God set down His level in Ohio, and the bubble sat directly in the middle. Left and right and ahead and back, for as far as the eye could see, it was all flat! I also recall thinking that it's no wonder there were so many presidents from Ohio - going to Washington was the one way they could see what they'd heard of long ago: hills. Gosh, I have 3 of them just between the house and the garage! Maybe the study was on the people of Ohio, who are indeed stunningly nice-- I would bump it up to an even higher spot based on them. (I was surprised to see that no one actually hurries in Ohio. Here in the fight-or-flight pancreas of the Northeast, we are born shouting, "Move it!")

Adrienne said...

My husband did a workshop just outside of Akron and he loved it -- ready to move in a heartbeat.

Gosh, Fr V. - I was high school, too. I was aiming for 6th grade. Guess I missed the mark.

Father Schnippel said...

its even more fun to check the readability of other's blogs, just for fun, ya know.

a thorn in the pew said...

I credit my rating with "borrowed quotes". That was fun though.

Anonymous said...

Regarding Lyndhurst being one of the best cities to live in.... OF COURSE! Because they also have the BEST Transit Agency helping their people get around. *grin*
http://www.apta.com/services/awards/documents/2007_awards_program_final_web.pdf

(okay, okay, tooting my own horn)
Kay

Rich said...

Dear Fr. don't feel bad. I'm sure that it is at the level of a Catholic high school level! ;)