Monday, October 16, 2017

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: ALWAYS LOOK IN THE BRIGHT SIDE OF EVEN THAT

Thanks for coming back after having nothing to read for a whole week!  I was on retreat and it didn't seem right to play on the computer while trying to realign myself with God and focusing on remembering that He loves me.


Oh it was horrible.  It went on all night long.  And just as I started feeling like it was all over and all was going to be well and that I could finally fall asleep, my alarm went off.  So now that I was miserable and sore, I was also tired and annoyed.  It is easy for me to slip into feeling sorry for myself in times like that.  

Then I got called away on a couple of anointings, one of them a much younger guy, and both of them were not long for this world.  What's a little soreness and tiredness?

Then the next day everything looked so much better.
Sebastian and I went for a wonderful morning walk on a crisp, colorful fall morning.  We saw three deer in the park who just stood there and looked at us.  A red tail hawk zoomed close over our heads. It was a magical morning.  

In this morning's Gospel Jesus asks why does this generation demand signs?  His love is all around us if we just look.  The fact that you have being is His gift at every moment of your life.  If you can read this, it is a sign of His love for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Panel 1 - I think I got it. Is "phenomenal" a take off of mahna-mahna from Sesame Street? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bWMGmaBuqw