Sunday, May 15, 2016

MONDAY DIARY: AMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: THE WONDERS OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY

I had an evening away recently with Fr. Bline, one of my classmates from seminary.  We talked about a lot of things as we approach 18 years of priesthood.  One of the things we talked about is how much we have changed.  An example of this is the picture below.
I will explain.  Earlier this week I was expecting a phone call from our Bishop.  Failing to make a connection I asked his secretary to give him my cellphone number so that he could reach me and I would not have to be tied to my desk.  So I waited and waited and waited and . . . nothing.

I decided to go out and do something and as soon as I stepped outside my phone pinged.  There was a phone message.
Yes, the bishop called and my phone did not register it for 5 hours!  I was a little panicked.

10 years ago, failure of a phone like that would have made me angry.  Now I am surprisingly not so upset by it.

No comments: