Sunday, May 8, 2016

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME

Once a priest said to me, "You are only as busy as you allow yourself to be."  There is some truth to this - not entirely - but a lot.  It is particularly difficult for enthusiastic, newly ordained priests who have not yet learned to say no.  Fortunately they can get by on very little sleep.  I like to think that I can manage my own calendar but the jury is still out.

Before I told him that I was going to go in to the seminary my Dad said to me, "You don't need a wife, you will need a secretary."  Well, perhaps he was correct.  There are so many good things that I would like to be a part of and they all seem to happen on the same week and often at the same time and scheduling them can be tricky especially since I am an amateur at it.


I know, I left out a word.

And I KNOW that you too are extremely busy too.  Fortunately this is my blog so I get to moan.  Even more fortunately I have a ready remedy. 

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Gee Father,
That' funny. I always thought that all priests just floated around the rectory all day in Eucharistic ecstasy .

Louis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louis said...

Or call their local amateur scolos for some amusement.