Monday, October 26, 2015

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: THE MATH OF TIME

It never happens when you are bored and wish that SOMETHING would break the monotony of the moment.  It always seems to occur when you are dashing between appointments or are running behind schedule and you hear:
As the Holy Father has been reminding us over and over that as annoying as this moment maybe be, this is where Christ is most needed in the world and we are to minister to those who need Him.  And so I give a passive aggressive sigh and say, "Sure.  What may I do for you?"
I suppose part of it is that it is never, "Hey, I just wanted to give you $10,000.00," or, "I just needed to tell you how wonderfully the parish is running," or "Life and God and being Catholic is SO AWESOME that I needed to tell someone about it!"  Almost never is anything like that.  Unless you had a morning like I had:

No comments: