Sunday, March 16, 2008

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK LVII

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND: "Christ did not teach and suffer in order that we should become more cautious of our own happiness." C. S. Lewis
IN OTHER NEWS:

Sr. Brigid Ancilla Marie who recently joined the Sisters of Life in New York from this parish wrote to say that the sisters will be at World Youth Day. To that end they have a new website that they are trying to spread around. Check out Lovelifelink.org.

Frank sent this game in. To tell the truth it involves blowing up things so I don't know that it is the best game to have on this site, but I did find myself playing it for a spell. "Here's your chance to fire one of the military's sophisticated cannons." WARNING: ADDICTION LEVEL MEDIUM.

QUIZ: This last part I really, really apoligize for. I hope it does not cause you to stop reading Adam's Ale but I can't seem to stop myself. Perhaps later I will wish I would have.

1. To what Lenten song does this first picture refer?
2. According to our hymnals (Jouneysongs) this second picture is verse 3 of the above song.
3. This last picture refers to an old Lenten hymn. And again I am sorry. Answers tomorrow.

7 comments:

Mrs. Curran said...

I have to admit I laughed! I know the answers but won't spoil them for everyone else!

If we can't laugh at ourselves, we are taking ourselves way too seriously!

Father Schnippel said...

Truly you have too much time on your hands!

I'm glad Barbara was able to get the answers, cause I'm buffaloed.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm going to guess because the calender MUST refer to the # of days of Lent...so the hymn must be:

1. Lord who throughout these 40 days.

2. OK, the 3rd verse....LOL!

3. Uh... Something about Shirley (or surely) bear..? Can't find anything. Can't wait for the answers. :-)

Anonymous said...

3. Surely the cross I'd bear

Ug!

You could put stamps over his eyes and this still wouldn't be the "post I'd bear"

Odysseus said...

Never call me Shirley!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Adoro on the song Lord, who through out...., the third verse starts: As you did hunger bear and thirst.
MJ

Anonymous said...

“Oh, I don’t really have any sins. I try to be good. I pray every day and try to be nice to people.”

Were you starring directly at ME when
you wrote this?

It's so "me" its scary.

The worst thing about it is would say
with total sincerity.