Tuesday, March 11, 2008

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK - LV

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND – “We do not really want a religion that is right where we are right. What we want is a religion that is right where we are wrong….They say they want a religion to be social, when they would be social without any religion. They say they want a religion to be practical, when they would be practical without any religion. They say they want a religion acceptable to science, when they would accept the science even if they did not accept the religion. They say they want a religion like this because they are like this already. They say they want it, when they mean that they could do without it.” - Chesterton

QUOTE II – “[They] believe in God, but only because God agrees with them.” Garison Keeler

IN OTHER NEWS:

Kevin sends word about a company for which he works. It is called Free On Line Games (guess what they do) and thought you might like to know about it. "Play free games online. Thousands of games to choose from. Racing games, shooting games, flying games, puzzle games, RPG games and many more!" Thanks Kevin.

This was stumbled upon and perhaps some of you might find it interesting. Here is a cool site for Catholic data, statistics and research. Or would you rather know more specifics? By exploring at this site a little bit you can find out more statistics about your own diocese.


Adoro tagged me for a MEME. Here are the rules:

1. You name your five favorite parables
2. You tag one blogger per parable.
3. It would be nice if you linked back to this post.

Prodigal Son - Luke Chapter 15
The Rich Man and Lazarus - Luke Chapter 16
Found Treasure - Matthew Chapter 13:44
Two Sons - Matthew Chapter 21:28-32
Ten Virgins - Matthew Chapter 25

I tag Uncle Jim, Rob, Fr. Zehnle, Just Me, and A Simple Sinner. Have fun guys.

The pictures are of my sister and me making the best of the winter storm.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) Oh my, thank you for tagging me. I think I must like ALL the parables, but I'll narrow them down to 5 later this eve, and will try to tag 5 who haven't already done it. (I've still got some physical energy today and am jumping on that with both feet -- literally: tomorrow is rubbish and recycling removal day, lol.)

I hope I can find 5 to tag who haven't already done this....
any volunteers?

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant to erase that bottom part, because it's not just an invitation-- it's also sheer laziness on my part. *sigh I disgust myself.
:-p

Great graphics, by the way, Fr. V. I see that snow can be fun. It can be beautiful. (Your snow, tho' -- not mine, lol.)

Odysseus said...

What's a parable?

Anonymous said...

Rob. A pair of bowls?
Sorry it's been a long day =)
MJ

Odysseus said...

Hey, playing dumb always works with the wife! I had to give it a try.

uncle jim said...

Fr V
what is second picture - the dark brown in / against the white snow?

Fr. V said...

Uncle Jim - It is a creek cutting its way through the snow - you can't quite tell from the picture but the water and creek bed are quite orange there. Just a cool contrast to the stark white.

Anonymous said...

Aw, now I'm sure of it--God likes Ohio better.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I finally did it.

(Why haven't any of us come up with a 5-favorite chocolates meme? Just because it's Lent?)

'A pair of bowls'.. whew.. now THAT was BAD. Funny, but bad.