Monday, November 23, 2020

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: THE DANGERS OF PONDERING

In movie and television shows there is always that person who moves to the big city and lives in a tiny, two room apartment (from were I learned what a Murphy bed is) and is SOOOOOOO happy because they are living in the pulse of humanity.  But is it worth it to have to wash your dishes and your unmentionables in your bathroom sink and be charged with unreasonable rent just to enjoy this privilege?  

Funny thing about God.  He often listens and grants even minor prayers.



I mean . . . (cough) . . . thank you God.

I haven't blogged in a long time as other things became more pressing.  Now I am trying to structure my day so I don't get too squirrelly in my make believe NY apartment (aka my bedroom in the rectory.)  So I think that I will invite you along on my journey to help pass the time (if there are any readers left out there!) 

It took me FOREVER to remember how to sign in on Blogger and after I did - it turns out that this blogging thing has been COMPLETELY redesigned since I was last on.  This took unreasonably long and if it hadn't been for COVID I would have completely given up already!

Stay well.  Be safe.  Pray for me and I will pray for you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I will keep you in my prayers for good health.

doubletrouble said...

Glad to see you back (even under the circumstances), Father.
Prayers coming your way for a quick recovery!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back Father!! Looking forward to coming along...

Fr. V said...

Thank you friends! Glad that you are here to join me on this little journey. I hope that you are all well.

Anonymous said...

I will most certainly pray for you, with pleasure, Father. I have a list of people I pray for at the elevation of the Eucharist at daily Mass, and now you are part of it.

I miss you and Fr. Simone and Chester, and of course, our dear Deacon Terry. Hope you get better very soon - keep us posted on your recovery, if you can.

Your cluster neighbor - Sue from St. Bernard

Marie M said...

Welcome back, Father! I hope you are over the Covid stuff by now.
Peace!

Stephen said...

Poor Father Valencheck,

All you need is some Potica wrapped in bacon and eaten while listening to Polka Music.
You'll be good as new.

Stephen