Monday, December 21, 2015

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: IN KNEW I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE LEFT TURN AT ALBUQUERQUE

I think the rumors of the death of the sacrament of reconciliation are greatly exaggerated.  I've been hearing about experiences at other parishes (at least from my confreres around the Akron area) and the news is good!  So good that I beg you to pray for and encourage vocations before things get too desperate!

Last week alone, at St. Sebastian, we had over ten hours of confession not including confessions for school, PSR, appointments, and helping at other parishes.  And lines were long, constant, and we often went over.  It led to this conversation with a parishioner:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for the opportunity on Wednesday night for Confession. I am your troublesome neighbor from St. Bernard. I can report that we seemed to have a steady stream of penitents, some of whom (including me) stayed to help us put up the trees and lights. The decorators were quiet and respectful of the penitents, and all was well.

I think sometimes people need to be invited to Confession. For some, it just does not occur to make time for it. We need also to be reminded gently of our duty, because it is all too easy to forget and get caught up in the busy routine of life.

Peace and Advent blessings to you and your good parishioners!

Anonymous said...

deafness is no laughing matter and it is nothing to joke about