Saturday, June 21, 2008

SUNDAY VIDEO ON TAP - LXXI

Well, that is not an entirely true post title. As I do not currently have sound on my computer I'm not able to check out any videos this week.

IN OTHER NEWS:

With unbridled passion Jay proclaims that Catholic Carnival 177 is up and running!

Harry sent in this link to the St. Paul Today blog, a parish a hop skip and a jump from my new assignment. There is a nice article on Fr. Karg, the retiring pastor of St. Sebastian.

L. M. sent this link on called "Prayers for Priest." It is a site full of, well, prayers for priests. I could use a few at the moment. *ahem*

IMPORTANT READING: The Diocese of Cleveland Enewsletter reports this: "WASHINGTON - U.S. Catholic bishops, convening June 12-14 in Orlando, Florida at their semi-annual spring meeting, by a vote of 191 to 1, passed a statement concerning embryonic stem cell research." Read here.

L. M. also sent this in from Astronomy Picture of the Day. It is a great picture of the Summer Solstice.

FINAL NOTE: Those of you who are coming to the third Adam's Ale get together, if you asked me to, I have ordered your tickets. The cost is $20 plus a $3 handling fee (not charged by me by the way.) If your plans should change, please let me know as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Odysseus said...

-I could use a few at the moment. *ahem*-

Prayers of one unworthy, sinful layman going up for you right away, father.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers daily as well as my daily mass intentions.

MJ

Anonymous said...

Father, you've always got my prayers.

Can't wait for July! I'll have $23.00 in hand for you.

uncle jim said...

Fr V-
How many you got going at this time?
We are looking forward, me and the missus
where is the exhibit?