Monday, March 18, 2019

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT


A decade ago, when Fr. Pfeiffer was a newly minted priest and assigned to St. Sebastian, he and two other of his young whelp priest friends were gamboling down Mull Avenue in West Akron and they invited me along.  It was a beautiful spring day and as we walked along the iconic brick road and saw the towering oaks coming to full leaf, the birds and squirrels fussing about and children riding their bikes, feeling a bit blissful I said, "I wonder when was the last time Mull Avenue saw four young priests walking down its sidewalks."  To which the young master Fr. Pfeiffer cleverly retorted . . . 
But time was on my side.  All I had to do is sit and wait.  My vengeance would come.  I mean - come on - I was BARELY into my 40s.  Well, now ten LONG years have passed and it is my joy to welcome Fr. Pfeiffer into his 40s.
Happy birthday old boy.

2 comments:

Marie M said...

Happy Birthday Fr. Pfeiffer!

Unknown said...

Hahaha, birthday blessings Fr. Pfeiffer!!