Monday, September 11, 2017

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: DOG GONE IT!

Before I get to the reason for my letter I would like to thank you very much for your product.  My dog has been happier and healthier because of it and as a result I am happier.

BUT

My dog Sebastian hates your product.  He doesn't perform many tricks but there is one he has perfected.  I can hide his pills in treats, wrap them in meat, plunge them into peanut butter, put them inside slices of cheese, and he will sort the whole thing in his mouth, swallow the food, and spit out his pills.
Consider this:  Sebastian had a hot spot a couple of years ago that he wouldn't stop licking.  So I bought this disgusting stuff that you are to spray on it that tastes SO HORRIBLY that you dog will no longer bother the spot.  After about three applications, he grew to like the stuff and would wag his tail in anticipation when I got the bottle out.

So I think of your wonderful pills that my dog will have nothing to do with and what he will eat.  Which is really just about anything.
 Anywhere.
 Including the cat's litter box at my sister's house.
And I do realize this is a first world problem but really.  It seems as though just a little more effort would make such a difference.  I mean - really - cat poop is winning out over you.

Thank you for your kind consideration,

Rev. John A. Valencheck
owner of Sebastian

2 comments:

Louis said...

This reminds me of the time that my dog got loose while visiting a friend. He had a grand old time running all over the place while we were chasing him like crazy. When my friend spotted a "squirrel pancake," he stopped and waited a bit away. As the dog was running past said pancake, he stopped to sniff and examine it. That's when my friend pounced, and we were finally able to put him back on his leash. "Squirrel pancakes," a treat for dogs and their owners.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Oh poor Father. He gets it out of peanut butter? That's talent!