Tuesday, May 28, 2013

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK CCLXLV

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND:  "Prayer can be painful.  Giving birth to new life can be painful."  Anthony DeMellow
 
FABLE:  "There was a rabbi who came to the conclusion that we just don't know.  As he was crossing the square, a Czarist policeman in a bad mood asked him, "Where are you going?"  Sticking to his new philosophy the rabbi answered, "I don't know."  "Yes you do," said the officer, "every morning you cross this way to say prayers at the synagogue.  I'm going to teach you a lesson and put you in jail!"  "You see?  I was right.  I didn't know where I was going."
 
IN OTHER NEWS:
 
From the Diocese of Cleveland Enewsletter:  "It's time to get out and enjoy summertime. Come and celebrate with faith communities across the Diocese of Cleveland at summer picnics and parish festivals."  Read more here.
 
"Liberate Yourself from E-slavery"  Mary sent this link to an article in.  Thanks!
 
Adam sent this video in.  It is absolutely beautiful.  Adam writes, "I thought you would appreciate this. Part is a Catholic. I learned about him in music history before I heard him, he's still alive and composing. Simply stunning. I would recommend a great stereo or some good headphones to listen to this with. Fantastic."  (5:45)
 
 


HEADS UP!  I will be away the rest of this week.  Will return to blogging next week.

2 comments:

MaryofSharon said...

Hah!

After being out of town, I spent the vast majority of my waking hours in the last two days on the internet and sifting through e-mails only to find my own suggested article about "E-slavery" on your blog!

Time to get off the computer and back to "real" life!

MJ said...

Thanks for sharing the article on e-slavery. I really needed to read that and put it into practice.
How easily to become enslaved without realizing it.