Monday, March 26, 2007

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK (or) WHY YET AGAIN I AM GLAD TO BELONG TO THE ONE, HOLY, CATHOLIC, AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH

FINDING TRUTH WHERE IT MAY BE FOUND - "I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it! . . . There's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well, are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious." I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?" He said, "Christian." I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?" He said, "Baptist!" I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?" He said, "Baptist Church of God!" I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God or Reformed Baptist Church of God?" He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!" I said, "Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879 or Reformed Baptist Church of God reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die heretic scum," and pushed him off. - Emo Philips from 'Moonbeams' in the magazine "The Sun"
More links from the Cleveland Diocese E-Newsletter: Catholic World News is an independent Catholic news service staffed by lay Catholic journalists, dedicated to providing accurate world news, written from a distinctively Catholic perspective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emo Phillips called me onstage at one of his shows to do a science experiment. He gave me a cocktail napkin and asked me to tear it in half, tear it in half again, and again, and again. He said, "The trick is to get it down to one atom....one more tear, and you should get an explosion."

Anonymous said...

Makes me cry ... and at the same time rejoice. G-d's people are His people! Most, and that is my numeric judgement, people do not jump from one church to another over doctrinal issues - they change for people / social reasons. And in it all, they truly believe they love G-d rightly. I rejoice in attempts to bring us back together - attempts to unify the Body of Christ. Ecumenism takes a bum rap at times - so many don't even think it matters. We are all duty bound to follow [a rightly formed] conscience ... but, I think, many have no clue there is any issue. Makes me cry.