Monday, May 4, 2015

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: WHY THE WATER BILLS ARE HIGHER

I am finding that homilies are taking a lot longer to compose than they used to.  And it isn't because I am about to turn 50.  Well, at least not entirely.  In part, it has to do with my phone.  As it gets smarter I seem to get loopier.

It completely destroys the thought process.
I know, I know . . . turn the sound and vibrations off.  But then I forget that I've done that and it stays off for days until someone sees me and yells at me.  "Why don't you ever answer your (impolite word) phone?" 
 
I try to leave it somewhere where I can't hear it - out in the hallway or some such thing.  Then I have to have one of the other priests call me so I can remember where I left it.  (Maybe I am losing my mind.)
 
One thing that does help is finding a place to think where there are absolutely no distractions of any kind.

No comments: