Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK CCCXXXIX

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND:  "The once plentiful herd of magazine writers will continue to be culled - by the Internet, by the recession, by the American public that would rather watch TV or play video games or electronically inform friends that, like, rain sucks!  But there's no app for a bourbon fuzz on a warm day in cool, dark bar.  The world will always want a drink."  from Gillian Flynn's, "Gone Girl"
 
QUOTE II:  "One should never marry a man who doesn't own a decent pair of scissors.  That would be my advice.  It leads to bad things."  same source
 
QUOTE III:  "It is not enough to think, 'do I want to spend the rest of my life with this persons/'  The equally important question to ask is, 'do I want this person to be the parent of our children?'"  annonymous
 
IN OTHER NEWS:

There are new contracts for teachers in the Diocese of Cleveland.  Normally these come out without much comment but things are different this year.  Here is how the diocese responds:  Go here.
 
Ken sent this in.  In case you are wondering I will not be doing this.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

What is it with priests who have to share their "vocal talents" (and I use that term lightly) at Mass? Especially when it is not a liturgical song. I know a number of them...I don't get it.

BUT...at least this was personal for this couple AND he has a lovely voice.

(Appropriate liturgical singing is OK - don't misunderstand)

Trevor said...

I'll have to say that I'm disappointed you didn't do this when you presided over the Sacrament of Marriage for Dawn and me. :)