Tuesday, February 20, 2007

QUOTE TUESDAY II




FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND: For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds. Lilies that fester smell worse than weeds. - Shakespeare, Sonnet 94

One more poem, this one by Walter Romig, more clever than good but worth a gander:


TEMPTATION

Nature's daughter, comely miss

Leaned her lips for me to kiss

But refused me, proven weak,

And in scorn she slapped my cheek.





Nature's daughter, not just cruel

Taunt the weakling and the fool

Prove yourself our lover when

we resist you and are men.


3 comments:

sattvicwarrior said...

interesting post..
it caused me to think of a perspective of my own from the past, it inspired me to write a persepctive indeed !!.
thanks for the inspiration. good ole boy wally romig would turn in his grave if the dear chap read what i wrote.
thanks
SV

Fr. V said...

:>)

uncle jim said...

;>)