Monday, November 26, 2018

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: WHICH BULLET IS MADE FOR ME?

Every time there is a holiday and the staff has off I try to promise - especially the maintenance people - that I will NOT call them.  But EVERY TIME there is an insurmountable problem - one ridiculous event that finds me on the phone asking, "Can you talk me through this," to which they respond, "Never mind Father, that would be too difficult.  I'll get over there in just a little bit."

Thanksgiving morning I was walking the dogs and I saw that there were a bunch of city trucks in front of the Julie Billiart School.  I thought maybe that was our emergency for the day and that we got off pretty easy because I wouldn't have to call anyone but the principal.
Then this happened: 
That is typically owing to a problem in the school.  But - hey - we could do without TV for a few days.  That tied in to my homily this week anyway.

Then a call came in on the emergency line:  The women's toilet in the basement of the church was running and wouldn't shut off. 

So maybe that was it!  Fine!  Fr. Anthony and I could now safely go spend Thanksgiving with our families!
 And that's when the crash bar on the new door fell off.

No comments: