Sunday, February 13, 2011

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST COMPLETELY TRUE TALES

It's comic strip day again.


Actually, Fr. Pfeiffer is a very conscientious and careful driver. He never pulls out without making sure everything is safe and ready.

Everything was going fine until IT happened. It really was completely uncalled for. We were just tooling along doing the speed limit when someone pulled out directly in front of Fr. P. There was not another sole on the road. Two seconds longer we would have passed and whoever it was could have had the whole road to themselves.
There was a certain amount of indignation. Not that there was anything wrong with that.



So much for controlling others with your mind.

Now, there may be those who think the above line was composed by me for comedic effect. I assure you that this is not the case.
Well . . . you get the basic gist of how the ride home went.

Though you may be one of the few besides me who understands.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Too funny! I can totally relate to Fr. P in this situation.

Anonymous said...

And I as well!

MJ said...

ROFL!! This is my daily commute. But it's on the freeway with the slow driver in the left lane. I don't have anyone else in the car to here my tantrum or to stress out other than myself.

Matt W said...

TDF! I love comic Mondays!

Robert M Kraus Sr said...

tell me . . . who is the redhead?

rmk

Cracked Pot said...

Does Fr. Pfeiffer know how to draw?

uncle jim said...

I think I was behind you.
Were you in INdiana?

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is something wrong with indignation..it lowers the dignity of the person and persons involved. It is also caused by one of the seven deadly sins...pride. And where there is one deadly sin, the other six are not far behind. We need more prayers for our priests because if they don't see this in themselves they will not see it in others. If the shepherds are struck down, what happens to the sheep?