Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK CXLI

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND: “A world-view that is incapable of giving even pain meaning and value is good for nothing. It falls short precisely at the hour of the most serious crisis of existence.” from Pope Benedict XVI’s “Called to Communion”

QUOTE II: “Celibacy has never been successful. Then again, neither has charity.” Fr. Benedict Groeschel CFR

IN OTHER NEWS:

Melody Laila sent in this site, podCatholic.com. The first pod cast is there but I only heard half of it. Let me know if it seems Okay to you.


Thanks to CK I can send you this information from the Eparchy of Parma. They are sponsoring an exhibition on Archbishop Sheen. Look here for more information. Sounds pretty cool.

Check this out! Dr. Trew sent me a notice about a fabulous conference being held in the Diocese of Cleveland! "Bringing America Back to Life." Go here and look to see the amazing list of speakers! Mark your calendars now!

Hey fellow priests! There is a contest going in honor of the year of priests for a paid trip to Rome. Look here for more details.

Saw this video on Called by Name. Thanks Fr. Kyle.



Thank you to all who participated in the poll and made comment to last Thursday's post. You inspired me to make a change to what I say. One person said that I sounded arrogant (which was a shock to me - then again, more offence is this world than is actually offered and who knows how one is coming across) but just the same I thought maybe changing my approach slightly might help. Thanks again!

Oh! There's more but I have to get to work!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Thanks for the link to the Eparchy! I had no idea that Bp. Sheen was anything but a regular Latin Rite Bishop.

That helps; last week I learned that I belong to the Byzantine Rite...but don't have to belong to their lone outpost here.