Wednesday, December 23, 2009

IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS

Here is a Christmas present suggestion.

You will not to whom you give it.

The person you give it to will not know that they are getting it.

But you and they will benefit from it.

The first is to determine who will receive you gift. Who do you wish to have in your life? A spiritual director? A new friend? A girl or boy friend? Start praying for them especially if you do not know who the person may be as of yet.

Pray to God that such a person might come into your life and then offer a prayer for that person. Maybe even pray that you will readily recognize this person when he or she appears.

That way when you meet and a relationship starts you can say, “I’ve been praying for you for a long time already.”

3 comments:

MJ said...

What a great idea!! I'm going to start praying today!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Father. That is very meaningful.

Janice said...

That is beautiful! I have been asking God to send me someone for a long, long time. Imagine if I had been praying for him for the past 23 years. Awesome. I'll get right on that. Merry Christmas. You are awesome, too!