Monday, February 16, 2009

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK CII

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND - "We are sacrificing what is natural and eternal to what is morbid and temporary. If our social conditions curtail manhood and womanhood, we must alter the social conditions. We must not go quietly in a corner making men unmanly and women unwomanly, that they may fit into their fifthly and slavish civilization." Chesterton, Daily News, 4 September 1909

QUOTE II - "'Duh,' I say, the word 'duh' being one of the three innovations of the last half century that are really worth something, the other two being e-mail and all-day breakfast fast-food restaurants. I don't go to fast-food restaurants, but I like knowing that, if I did, I could get a fried-egg sandwich in the middle of the afternoon." Linda McCullough Moore in Final Dispositions.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Jolly good news here. Jay passes along the superb news that Catholic Carnival 211 is up.

My evil sister passed along this game. It is a quiz to tell you how old your brain is. Mine is 55. Which I suppose I could take to mean that I am wise beyond my years but I doubt it. Of course music was playing and I didn't quite really get the rules and, and, and. Oh shucks. Here are the rules:
1. Touch 'start'
2. Wait for the " 3, 2, 1" countdown.
3. Quickly memorize the number's positions on the screen. This may take some practice to get used to the process.
4. After the screen changes, the circles will appear without the numbers, click the circles from the smallest number to the biggest number.
5. At the end of game, the game will tell you the age of your brain.
WARNING: ADDICTION LEVEL: MEDIUM

Adoro sent this priest blog. It seems pretty interesting especially if you are considering a priestly vocation.

For those of you who did not catch it - Bishop Lennon was hospitalized this past week. It did not sound too serious and no further news has reached me yet.

Kay sent in this new Catholic blogger you might want to give a try.

Speaking of Kay or as some of you know her Lillian Marie, she came by to visit last night to inform me that she has one month until she enters the convent! (Kay is on the left.) The Trinitarians will soon have a new postulant! Woohoo! Congratulations! Please keep Kay in your prayers.
Nothing religious about this but still interesting. Frank sent this in. It is a picture of the inauguration. Notice that you can go to the group way in the back and focus clearly in on them. Makes you wonder what people can see you doing when you are not aware. There was once a picture like this taken for the Akron Beacon Journal when I was in the orchestra playing for graduation at the University of Akron. Like the Seinfeld episode it looks like I was picking my nose which I was not. But forever people will think it so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah! The Trinitarians. That explains Lillian Marie's red and blue cross. May Our Lady of Good Remedy extend her maternal protection to her and supply all that she needs in order to live out her vocation. "Pray for her, Holy Mother of Good Remedy, that she may deepen her dedication to your Son and make the world alive with His Spirit."