Monday, January 15, 2018

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: A COLD WINTER MOURNING

I get it.  It's cold outside.  I don't even want to get out of bed to get to Mass and I don't even have to go outside to make it over to the sacristy.  Staying in bed is sooooo tempting that I can taste it.  So I do understand why people want to stay in their nice warm houses and not go to Mass.  I understand, I don't condone.
During the worst snowstorm it is not the young and fit that stay home from Mass, it is those who probably SHOULD stay home that still make it in.

What put me on this rampage on this Monday morning - granted it is cold outside - but could it really be that so many people couldn't make the sacrifice to be at daily Mass this morning?  How terribly disappointing.  Well, at least it WAS until I was walking out into the sanctuary to start Mass when the sacristan came running up and whispered in my ear . . . 

No comments: