Friday, February 12, 2010

FRIDAY POTPOURRI: A QUIZ FOR WHICH I HAVE NO ANSWER

Here is mystery at Saint Sebastian the the pastors emeritus not anyone else thus far can answer. In only one entrance there is a piece of marble sticking out of the wall. It is an original part of the building built right into the brick. Later, as you can see below, a book rack was built around it. It is about 2 feet off of the ground.

Here is a close up of this piece of marble. As you can see it is hollowed out on top like a holy water font. This does not match any other holy water fond in the building and even if it was one, why would it be only 2 feet off of the ground? And why would it only be in one entrance? Does anybody have ANY kind of clue what this might be???

IN OTHER NEWS!


Typcial man! I missed my own anniversary! Adam's Ale turned THREE on February 3rd! Thank you for reading! To date there has been 161,000 visits with 236,000 page views. Today it is estimated that approximately 167 people read the blog daily spending on average three minutes. If you would like to see more statistics you can go here. Here's my traditional shout out to Miss Dawn Eden who forced me to start blogging (and thereby putting me ahead of the pope's call for his priests to blog. What about that? I'm cutting edge!)

5 comments:

MJ said...

You cutting edge? Who'd of thought!
Maybe the marble is a holy water font for children ;)

Norah said...

Have a look at the original plans for the church.

Anonymous said...

Is this on the side with the wheel chair entry? Could it be for those who use wheel chairs? Just a thought....

Wordie said...

The font is on the side with the wheel chair entrance but I don't know if there was a "ramp" when the church building was originally constructed.

Fr. V said...

I'll try and see if I can find the original blue prints. Thanks for the idea.