Monday, December 17, 2007

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK - XLIII

FINDING TRUTH WHERE IT MAY BE FOUND – “We must go to the heart of that which is unacceptable, precisely because it is thus that we are constrained to make our choice. The suffering of children were our bread and affliction, but without this bread our souls would die of spiritual hunger.” (Fr. Paneloux in Swimming with Scapulars)

QUOTE II – “How can you say you love me and still objectify my sisters? How can you say you love me when your actions reveal you don't value the gift of femininity? How can you say you love me when your actions reveal that you don't know what love is?” – Adoro Te Devote

IN OTHER NEWS:
L.M. and Sparky sent this news item in (though for some reason I can't get Sparky's link to work). "The Vatican Congregation for the Clergy is looking for people willing to offer Eucharistic adoration for the priesthood and "consecrated feminine souls" ready to become spiritual mothers of priests." L.M. also sent this in for additional reading.
In a similar vein here is a new blog entitled, "A Tribute to Our Priests" by Easter. You might want to give it a little visit.

The Diocese of Cleveland E Newsletter asks, "Did you know Cleveland's TV station FOX8 and the Communications Department of the Diocese of Cleveland produce a weekly Sunday "TV Mass" for the homebound Catholic faith community in Northeast Ohio?Also, FOX8 will broadcast a special Christmas Day liturgy on Tuesday, December 25 at a special time, beginning at 6:00 a.m. and concluding by 6:30 a.m." Here is the web page for the Diocese of Cleveland T.V. mass.

L.M. (she was busy this week!) sent in this fun Christmas Quiz. (She also beat me by a mile!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I scored 243 on the Christmas Quiz. What did you guys score?

MJ

Anonymous said...

I got 256, but my cousin beat me with 298! Lillian Marie