Wednesday, October 24, 2007

HEAVY DUTY DAY

Due to a heavy work load at the parish today there will be no post except for the the answers to yesterday's quiz. The answers are provided by the Reduced Shakespeare Company.

1. Crisps - Chips
2. Chips - Fries
3. Boot - Trunk
4. Bonnet - Hood
5. Advert - Commercial
6. Chemist - Drugstore
7. Braces – Suspenders
8. Bands - Braces
9. Suspenders - Garters
10. Solicitor - Lawyer
11. Pavement – Sidewalk
12. Queen – Powerless head of state, richest woman in the world, receives millions of pounds for making a speech at Christmas and when opening shopping malls, now has fire insurance and thousands of tourists wandering through her home.

The views expressed about the Queen are soley that of the R.S.C. and does not reflect that of Adam's Ale who thinks she is just swell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers & sacrifices today, Fr. V.

Adrienne said...

Well, it's good to know someone is working for the salvation of souls.

I think the queen is dandy, too. As a matter of fact I could be considered a bit of a royalist. Who needs soap operas when you have the Catholic Church and the Royals??

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to come here and consistently find sweet and/or funny and interesting things --both in posts and in comments! If I were in the blogosphere loop, I'd nominate this blog (thanks Fr. V and HP!) --and its commentors--for all kinds of awards.

As for the quiz, I'm apparently out of some other loop. The one I didn't get was "advert" !

Anonymous said...

The funniest I remember was a "flyover." It was a highway overpass. "Tube" or "underground" is the subway. I remember the "lager and lime" near Heathrow. It was horrible.