Monday, March 24, 2014

MONDAY DIARY: ALMOST EXCRUCIATINGLY TRUE STORIES: GUESS WHAT BOOK I'M READING

For Lent, the parish has started a new workout program for those who don't have anything better to do with their early mornings hours besides sleep.  I took it on as part of my Lenten devotions since I've hardly exercised at all during the winter months.  In fact, it is part of a greater Lenten resolve to take a little bit better care of this Temple of the Holy Spirit in general, which has been sorely neglected.  If it were an actual building, it would need a new roof, some plumbing work, and a good paint job.  So here we go.  The only down side is beginning to exercise just before leading Stations of the Cross.  The knees revolted.


Cue: swelling music and a slow crawl up to a standing position. . .

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Dear Father,
You could increase readership for the Universe Bulletin by 7000% if only you would allow them to publish your comics.
They are gold I tell you, gold.

I am forwarding your blog today to Pope Francis.
He will want it for the
L'Osservatore Romano.

Terry T said...

Glad I watched that movie!

MaryofSharon said...

Gotta love the movie reference!

GREAT illustration of Rule #12 of St. Ignatius' rules for discernment of spirits.

CJ said...

GOT IT!!!
At least you have an excuse for creaking bones....sadly, I have none.
Well, I do, but it's not because I am exercising.