Sunday, June 9, 2013

MONDAY DIARY: OUR LITTLE DOWNY FEATHERED CURATE IS ALL GROWN UP A FLYING THE COOP

So Fr. Pfeiffer of Adam's Ale cartoon fame has been at St. Sebastian for four years, the length of his assignment as of this Tuesday.  That means he will be moving on to greener pastures on his journey toward greener pastorates.  Of course people keep asking me about his leaving . . .
So I gave it some serious thought . . .




As a side note - I can neither prove nor disprove that Fr. Pfeiffer actually did any of these things (or at least more than once.) 
 
See you around kid.  You were a great parochial vicar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AMEN Yes, Father was a great parochial vicar (that's a fancy title for assistant pastor). I am not up to date with titles.

rmk

Anonymous said...

Yep, we sure are going to miss Fr. Pfeiffer! And BTW, has anyone forewarned the new priest about Fr. V's pet-peeves?

lgreen515 said...

Hope the new guy hates fish too.

Elena LaVictoire said...

I got some pictures of the last mass while everyone was applauding and then a couple at the reception. We're all going to miss him too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89471816@N00/sets/72157634066400502/

MaryofSharon said...

Elena, just yesterday, for completely unrelated reasons, I logged into Flickr for the first time in a couple of years, and lo and behold the whole page was filled with a great photo of Fr. V, Fr. P., and Bishop Gries with a bunch of young people behind them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89471816@N00/8980974651/

I wondered what they were doing in my Flickr account. Then I realized it was your photo. Maybe a Confirmation photo?