Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK: CLXV

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND: “Envy is the religion of the mediocre.” from Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s, “The Angel’s Game”

QUOTE II: “Chaos is dull because in chaos the train might indeed go anywhere, to Baker Street, or to Bagdad. But man is a magician, and his whole magic is in this, that he does say, ‘Victoria,’ and lo! It is Victoria!” G. K. Chesterton

IN OTHER NEWS:

Does anybody else have a problem with this sign posted at a local gas station?























Is it just me or does this mean that I have to pay in advance before I even arrive at the pump?

Fr. F sent this in: "Here's a nice article that speaks to the relationship between contraception and vocations." Thanks brother.

Fr. B sent this site in from the Diocese of Washington.

Dale Alquist writes, "I am pleased to let you know that the upcoming issue of the Saint Austin Review (also known as StAR), edited by Joseph Pearce, is completely devoted to G.K. Chesterton. Below please find a good word from the editor himself. I highly recommend this fine magazine, and this is the time to subscribe. What better way to begin than with Chesterton?"

This is a link to the Chesterton Society.

Adam's Ale was interviews by "Blog Interviewer." You can check it out (and rate this blog) here.

M & D sent this site in. I might have posted it before but I don't remember. It is a 360 degree view of the Shrine of the Holy Sepulcher in Jeruselem.

Six minute laugh (it redeems itself at the end): Oops! Glad you enjoyed this video but I MEANT to post another!

4 comments:

Deacon Bill Burns said...

Who's the band> I want to add that song to my band's set list.

Robert M Kraus Sr said...

I noticed it too . . . . read it twice . . . . . a bit redundant

Anthony said...

The song is by Matt Maher. http://www.mattmahermusic.com/

Anonymous said...

Yes, already, I previously have noticed the redundancy of that sign before now.